Some industries are more visual than others. A basic word description is not enough to get that WOW factor. Real estate is one of those industries. Although pictures have been the standard for selling houses in the past videos have become more popular. And social media networking sites like YouTube are being used more for real estate sales. Video allows you too look at many properties without having to leave your home. You get to see what you like, what you would change, and envision yourself living there. Buying a house is about the interest rate, mortgages, home inspection, points, and renovations. It is the biggest purchase most people make in there lifetime. But it is also a very personal and emotional decision because you are buying more than just property—you are buying a home. And video gives you more of a feel if the property feels like a home. Video gives the potential buyer a bird’s eye view of your home that can only be achieved with video. It also gives you the opportunity to get more views by posting the video on YouTube. A fully animated tour of a house will give you better results than pictures. You can increase your Google rankings therefore getting more viewers by putting YouTube video on your website. More than 80 percent of all buyers now find their home online. Of those, 21 percent said they use or look for online videos. Having a video on your website (YouTube) is important to those 80 percent that are shopping for real estate on-line. But surprisingly in this the age of YouTube and video not as many realtors take advantage of it. Only 4 percent of real estate agents post videos on hosting sites such as YouTube, according to the National Association of Realtors’ 2012 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers. Here are some statistics why you should use YouTube to post real estate videos.
- Largest viewership of any video site, and one of the largest viewership’s on the Web.
- Search – YouTube is 2nd largest search engine next to Google, YouTube is owned by Google, and all YouTube videos can be indexed by Google’s own search engine Owned by Google, so all of its videos are indexed into Google’s own search engine.
- SEO features and opportunities for every video you have, and your video channel. Conversions – you can add a link back to your site in the description section around a video.
- Social Nature – YouTube is a social giant and makes it easy for sharing, both on all the major social networks and for easy embedding into Websites and blogs.
- Keyword research – you can do real-time searches for popular keywords to optimize your videos for.
- Some customization of your video channel design and player.
Here is a link to a excellent example of a real estate video tour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoqDyX00J44. This gives you an idea of the power of video over pictures or just listings. A picture may be worth a thousand words but a video on YouTube is worth a thousand potential customers. – See more at: http://thesocialobserver.com/2013/08/youtube-for-real-estate/#sthash.ljY4YUvq.dpuf